Thursday 1 April 2010

Goodbye My Friend

I've been down with a gouty and arthritic knee inflammation that's made it hard for me to help around the house now that the maid is gone, the new one isn't here yet, and the fact that my sis and I decided we had to revamp (more like spring clean and chuck my precious books!) my room, which she shares with me and the nephie.

We knocked out a useless shelving and study area, got our Ikea cupboards and finally got the room painted. Actually, my sis did most of that (the painting not the knocking out, that was a contractor). It's now a pink marvel that my neice says she'll visit often since it's her fav colour. (She sleeps in my mom's room about 3 m away...go figure).

During the 3rd week of my re-inflamed knee, I got an sms about a college friend who had been admitted to ICU. The next day, another sms informed me of his wake. I was in a lot of pain and pretty much housebound so I couldn't make it, for his wake or his funeral. But I prayed for his soul and hoped the drunk driver that hit him gets what he deserves. (Too bad there's no life sentences for people like these - irresponsible beh is one thing, irresponsible that costs lives is another.)

Goodbye my friend. We haven't been in touch since graduating from college, but I still remember the times we had then. God bless you and hold you and keep you. Amen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails